The course will be run if more that 10 participants.
PhD students and other academic researchers and industrial employees with a general interest in the development and analysis of production systems and manufacturing costs.
Insights and knowledge on manufacturing processes.
Fee for industrial members
7 000 SEK
The aim of the course is to increase participants understanding of production systems and to be able to make knowledgeable decisions within the area. The participants will also learn how to make production analyses including disturbances tracking, production cost estimations and link manufacturing costs to technology issues.
This course includes:
- History and introduction to production systems
- Layouts and configurations of production systems
- Manufacturing costs and KPIs
- Systematic production analysis
- Production development theories
- Cost for material handling and production systems
- Efficient production
- Sustainable production development
- Integrated product industrialization
- Dynamic manufacturing cost simulations
- Company integration
Course material will be provided, in pre-print copies of the book “Viable Production Systems – Global industrial economy and technology” Jan-Eric Ståhl and Christina Windmark
Three individual mandatory assignments and about 70 % attendance.